Marketing is a term that we have often heard. Marketing is often confused with marketing, what is marketing?
Marketing is the activity of accelerating the movement of goods and services sold from producers or distributors to the hands of consumers.
The definition of marketing is
Marketing is a business strategy that refers to the activities a company undertakes to promote the sale of a product.
Marketing includes advertising, selling, and delivering products to consumers or other businesses. Some marketing activities are often carried out by other companies.
The purpose of marketing is of course to maximize profits by creating a sales strategy.
In marketing, companies need a strategy that must be adapted to the targeted target. So that marketing often involves a lot of artists, sportsmen, public figures, to celebrities
Marketing is not only about advertising activities, but also includes various aspects. Even the determination of packaging design is included in the marketing strategy. The more attractive the packaging, the more attractive the potential consumers to buy it.
Types of marketing
There are many marketing strategies known to date, here are some of them:
- 1. Advertising
Advertising is the most common and easy to find type of marketing. Advertising is a paid marketing strategy that uses a variety of media including television, newspapers, radio, online media, to billboards.
- 2. Internet
Marketing via the internet has become popular since the digital era. Usually this marketing is done by advertising through websites, search engines, online media, to social media
- 3.multi-level marketing
Multi-level marketing or MLM is marketing by attracting consumers from direct sales and usually applying a tiered system. Often the MLM method not only sells but also often recruits people to be its marketers.
- 4. Branding
Marketing branding is a method to introduce products that are better known to the public as potential consumers. Branding can be done in various ways, such as maintaining quality, post-sales service, to logos.
The marketing function
- Increasing sales The marketing function is of course increasing sales which in turn increases profits. The more marketing activities, the greater the opportunity for the product or service to be sold.
- Product introduction The introduction of finished products is one of the functions of marketing. With the existence of marketing activities, the product will be more easily recognized by consumers.
- Research The marketing function is the only one related to research. With marketing, it can be known in detail the target consumer, the distribution of consumers, and the products that consumers like.
- Consumer satisfaction Marketing strategy is not enough to make quality products, but also related to customer satisfaction. Because customer satisfaction will make product sales in the future grow.
- Competition The purpose of marketing is of course as competition. To win the competition, the company must carry out a marketing strategy by highlighting its advantages compared to competing products
At its most basic level, marketing is trying to match a company’s products and services with customers who want access to them. Matching the product with the customer ultimately ensures that the product is finally bought.
- 1. Product
Products refer to goods or goods that are planned to be offered to customers. The product must seek to satisfy an absence in the market, or meet consumer demand for a larger quantity of the product already available.
Before they can prepare the right marketing, marketers need to understand what products are being sold, what stands out from the competition, whether these products can also be paired with secondary products or other product lines, and whether there are substitutes on the market.
- 2. Price
Price refers to how much the company will sell the product for. When setting prices, companies must consider unit costs, marketing costs, and distribution costs.
The company must also consider the prices of competitors’ products in the market and whether the proposed price point is sufficient to represent a reasonable alternative for consumers.
- 3. Place
Place refers to the distribution of the product. Key considerations include whether the company will sell products through a physical storefront, online, or through both distribution channels.
When sold in a storefront, what kind of physical product placement does it get? If sold online, what kind of digital product placement do you get?
- 4. Promotion
Promotion is an integrated marketing communications campaign. Promotion includes various activities such as advertising, sales, sales promotion, public relations, direct marketing, sponsorship, and guerrilla marketing.
Promotions vary depending on the stage of the product cycle in which the product is located.
Talking about marketing, of course it cannot be separated from the marketers themselves. So, here are the duties of the marketing staff:
- As the first party to introduce the company’s products or services to potential customers, especially new products that require a lot of promotion
- Serving as the party who sells the company’s products to consumers, so that the company can benefit from every product sold.
- In charge of finding information and conveying it to the company regarding the advantages and disadvantages of a product being sold.
- Have a duty to establish good relations with consumers.
- Served as a liaison between the company and the surrounding environment.
expected to understand that consumers associate the price and distribution of a product with its quality, and they take this into account when designing an overall marketing strategy.