MSME business development specialist
POINT was established as NGO by a group of Diaspora humanitarian experts. As an NGO, the co-founders of POINT realized the crucial gaps between providing aid and the need for building the resilience of communities. We believe at POINT that the best solutions to support for the people in crisis should be by a quick transformation from rapid response to resilience method, as this approach within humanitarian operations, is crucial to the first efforts of a community to recover, rise again and start to use their capacity, starting from education and livelihood at the first stages, ending with early recovery and rehabilitation at later stages.
POINT works in many countries closely with civilians like IDPs, Refugees, Returnees, and host communities, In addition to the local initiatives, local NGOs, and INGOs. For that, POINT has organized to hire all needed experts, skills, and tools that are necessary for POINT mandate in resilience and organization development. POINT always seeks to increase its geographical coverage areas in the world to reach the most vulnerable civilian groups and work with them hand in hand for a better sustainable life. POINT is registered in Sweden as a non-profit organization and has missions in Turkey, Iraq, Yemen, and Syria.
Stabilized Civil Communities Socially and Economically.
Purpose the Position
MSME business development specialists will be capacitating, supporting, and working with the targeted 60 workshop owner to develop accurate, realistic, and professional business expansion plans. And work with them closely during the span of the project to achieve their plans by providing onsite coaching and mentoring.
Reporting to: Field Project Coordinator
- Participate in the design and development of selection criteria and business assessment tools in consultation with the project management team.
- Conduct business assessments for the potential SMEs to be enrolled in the project activities.
- Select as part of the selection committee the high-growth SMEs run by high-impact business owners.
- Conduct business training for targeted SMEs
- Develop business plans for potential SMEs including conducting market surveys and developing a detailed list of business developed requirements including raw materials, equipment, and machinery, and required technical/consultants support.
- Develop and review the Bill of Quantities of each business plan based on business needs, with very detailed specifications for procurement issues.
- Review business plans prepared by business owners and ensure their soundness.
- Provide business coaching and mentorship services for potential SMEs
- Support business owners in the design and implementation of tailored growth plans/strategies for their enterprises.
- Develop and conduct training needs assessment activities including design of tools, reporting of results, and translation of findings.
- Design and develop required business manuals including both trainer and trainees’ manuals.
- Conduct business plans training and provide economic advice for existing business owners.
- Prepare training reports aligned with all required supporting documents.
- Support in Perform monitoring and evaluation activities of the managed project through data collection and documentation of their provided support.
- Help enterprises grow and diversify business services and product offerings.
- Contribute to ensuring that the project achieves its developmental impact/objectives.
- Performing other required tasks within the area of competence.
- Adhere to all point organization policies and abide by administrative orders and disciplinary procedures in the event of any violations.
- A pledge to abide by the zero-tolerance policy adopted by the Point organization in cases of sexual exploitation and abuse, and direct reporting in the event of any violation in this regard.
Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of project planning, monitoring, and reviews, budget planning, and management.
- At least 3 years experience in working on development within NGOs
- At least 2 years experience in conducting Training for Women and youth entrepreneurship, empowerment of MSMEs participatory community development tools and methods.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of donors’ policies and procedures.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent in using online communication tools.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a relevant field. (Or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development, etc.). knowledge about community development, and gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on economic empowerment would be added assets.
How to apply