The American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL, https://theaudl.com/) was founded in 2012 to introduce and showcase our sport, talented athletes and precision play to a global audience. Ultimate is a fast flowing and highly athletic low-contact sport that is played by advancing a disc down a field to score in the end zone. Our business is designed to be inclusive and to deliver affordable, family fun to all parts of the community.
With pinpoint passing and the unique flight of the disc, each game generates many exciting passes, catches and defensive plays that frequently appear on ESPN’s SportsCenter Top 10, Fox Sports, Bleacher Report, and other leading sports shows.
The league has 25 teams representing the US and Canada. Each team competes in a 12-game regular season schedule from May through July, with top teams entering a playoff round and division winners advancing to a final four style Championship Weekend in late August. Our premier “Game of the Week” is distributed via the Fox Sports 2 channel in North America and all other games are available through our proprietary live stream platform, AUDL.tv. We frequently distribute our content outside of North America via linear and stream broadcasts. Our in-house media team produces highlights, shows and other content every week that is distributed across a broad range of social media platforms.
Position responsibilities and expectations:
The AUDL’s main business goals are to increase awareness of the sport, acquire more fans, and drive additional revenue opportunities. This will be achieved mainly by the marketing of players and teams at the local level – as opposed to national level campaigns that generally promote the league and sport. However, we’ve decided to centralize some portion of the marketing resources within the league office to create economies of scale and to leverage knowledge gained from local campaigns. The Director’s charge is to build awareness and increase fan acquisition through joint marketing campaigns. The league has recently engaged Legends, https://www.legends.net/, to provide data analytic services and help execute digital ad/acquisition campaigns.
• Develop national marketing plan for the AUDL, including managing overall budget and allocating appropriate resources
• Engage teams throughout the year to help them set strategy, design tactical fan acquisition campaigns and provide a feedback loop for each campaign
• Manage 2-person staff with the goal of expanding team by 2-3 full-time employees over the next 12 months
• Work with Media lead to provide assets for linear media and social media channels
• Work with Legends to build and track fan engagement metrics across all platforms
• Engage with Legends to identify new opportunities for gathering fan data
• Take fan data analysis from Legends and create targeted acquisition campaigns at the national and team level
• Create a feedback loop on each campaign’s performance
• Work with events team to support sales campaigns for Championship Weekend and All-Star game
• Coordinate relationship with Merit Mile, the AUDL’s PR firm, and draft press releases
• Work with selected players to grow their brands and social media content
• Work with Legends to create concepts and assets for sponsorship pitch decks
• Serve as Chairperson of Design Committee for all logos and wordmarks
• Design and deliver reports for the leadership group that show progress on KPIs (e.g. Aggregated Audience)
Education, experience and qualities:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business and/or Marketing
• Prefer ten years of leading a team in marketing and developing client acquisition strategies
• Strong preference for experience in the sports entertainment and/or media sectors
• Position requires naturally curious, high-energy person with ability to develop thoughtful strategies, inspire and manage people, and execute on plans
Please send resume to [email protected]