The Defiance County Economic Development recently promoted Hannah Waterman to Workforce & Marketing Manager. Waterman recently served as the Office Manager. In her new role, she’ll take the lead on all workforce & marketing initiatives.
“I am excited about the opportunity to build relationships with local companies and assist them with their workforce needs. The goal is to be that connecting piece between county residents and careers. I also look forward to collaborating with our county schools. The future is bright for Defiance County, and I am so glad to be a part of it, “said Waterman.
Waterman hasn’t even been in the position for a month and already has plans to build on the workforce plan established at the Defiance County Economic Development Office. Some of the strategies include:
• Expanding workshop/learning opportunities for employers and their teams
• Development of Engagement Training Programs for companies
• Recruiting of hometown students back to Defiance County, following their completion of a college degree or certification
• Creation of new networking opportunities and connector events between jobseekers & employees
• And marketing campaigns that target our youth & “In-Demand” jobs to our younger generation.
“I’ve seen firsthand the drive Hannah Waterman has and we are very lucky to have her taking the point on our organization’s workforce & marketing efforts. I can tell you with complete confidence, Hannah is an influencer and I see that role only growing in her new role,” said Erika Willitzer.
Another staffing announcement will come in August, after we hire our new Business Development and Operations Manager.
You can reach out to [email protected] for any of your workforce or marketing business needs. Our office line is 419-784-4471.