WellFish Diagnostics is the only laboratory in the world to offer fish specific clinical chemistry analysis and interpretation. This is enabled by altering high throughput clinical chemistry instruments and biomarker reactive ranges to make them fish specific.
WellFish Diagnostics is a spinout company from the University of the West of Scotland providing rapid clinical chemistry analysis to assess fish health in aquaculture and a predictive fish healthcare model. The company is expanding into the Norwegian market with the Norwegian lab being operational by March 2023 and is now looking for a Business Development Manager Norway to be responsible for all aspects of WellFish Diagnostics Norway based commercial activities.
Business Development Manager Norway
In this role you are the interface between customers to support and developing the growth of the business. You will maintain and strengthen existing relationships with customers in Norway, identify new opportunities and work with key accounts, our CEO and Board to develop and grow the business.
- Identify, develop and coordinate new business opportunities for WellFish Diagnostics
- Develop and manage relationships with customers and suppliers
- Drive sales and achieve forecast growth through effective interaction with the aquaculture industry
- Develop and implement the commercial plan to achieve the growth of the Norwegian based business in terms of customers, revenue, profitability and reputation
- Support the development of a strong, cohesive team from the different areas within WellFish (technical, clinical and data based)
- Attend company Board meetings and contribute to the development and delivery of the company strategic plan
- Develop and monitor the company budget & business unit KPI’s
- Presenting and representing WellFish Diagnostics at national and international meetings, seminars, exhibitions and workshops
Qualifications and experience:
WellFish Diagnostics new Business Development Manager Norway should ideally be familiar with the aquaculture industry in Norway and be highly motivated to create opportunities for expansion for a new spinout company that has international ambitions. In this role, it is essential that you have a genuine interest in fish health and aquaculture and are passionate about making an early-stage company succeed, enabling the CEO to focus on international expansion. Other requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or master/PhD degree in a relevant discipline or MBA
- Operational and/ or Commercial management experience particularly to develop and grow new markets
- Significant experience in the aquaculture industry (specifically from the salmonids sector)
To be successful as Business Development manager in WellFish Diagnostics we believe it is important that you are a self-starter comfortable with working with colleagues in a variety of fields, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results. You identify and seize commercial opportunities, and have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability.
You have the ability to build and develop relationships at all levels and utilise your network to achieve objectives.
You are commercially astute with strong strategic capabilities. As business Development Manager you adhere to company rules and procedures, executes plans with commitment and determination and achieve high quality results. You co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience and information and support others in the pursuit of team goals. As a manager you develop people through delegation, empowerment and coaching and promote career and self development. You are flexible and are able to travel nationally and internationally as required.
WellFish Diagnostics offers the right candidate:
- A chance to join our ambitious team in a company in growth
- A fast paced and dynamic work environment where you can make a big difference
- A multi-cultural workplace
- A strong ‘can do’ work mentality
- A fitting remuneration package and benefits